Our tour took us next to La Push. The short drive to La Push from Forks, about 15 miles, was gorgeous. It was as if someone had planted a 15 mile border of yellow flowers on both sides of the road - I just couldn't believe it. Suddenly the flowers disappeared and we slowed around a curve in the road only to see the sparkling, gray ocean and delicate, massive rocks peeking through the trees. We ended up at the crescent shaped First Beach and the picture was just as Meyer painted in our minds.
After partying with the werewolves we decided to hike to Second Beach. The hike was down hill about a mile from the road. Once we reached the bottom of the trail we were hit with the most breathtaking view of Second Beach.
The only problem was that we had to climb over a HUGE pile of driftwood trees to get to the beach - totally worth the effort.
After La Push we met with Anita Wheeler, self proclaimed werewolf, and Quileute tribe member that lives in La Push. She told us funny stories and made wolf jewelry for us.
Our Twilight adventure continued as we embarked on the Hoh Rain Forest. Ok, I know I keep saying the word "beautiful" a lot, but I just can't help it. The Olympic National Forest is the most amazing place I have ever seen. Everything truly is covered in green squishy stuff - more shades of green than I knew existed.
After running through the forest with the Cullens, we headed back to Forks. On our way out of the forest we happened upon a massive bull elk eating flowers on the side of the winding road. We stopped five feet from him and pulled out the camera - he didn't care. Our adventures kept us out late so we stayed one more night in beautiful Forks.
Next, we drove back to Seattle to see the Breaking Dawn concert with Stephenie Meyer and Justin Furstenfeld. Stephenie was amazing, as usual, and Justin was awesome. I have never seen anyone sing with so much passion and emotion.
This is Stephenie explaining the book covers.
This is Justin singing part of Ugly Side.
This is Justin singing a small part of Hate Me (inspired Meyer to write when Edward left Bella in the beginning of New Moon.
Awesome, amazing, beautiful Twilight trip!
1 comment:
Hey Jules,
I know I already told you, but I am excited that we get to see your blog for real now!
Post a Comment